1. The sun has finally come out. We’ve hit nearly 60 degrees here, which I am pretty sure constitutes a heat wave. All I want to do is stay home from work, garden, bake and knit. And try a new cocktail recipes. Apparently sunny weather turns me into a lush.
2. Husband has been out of town for most of the week, first on a fishing trip and now on a business trip. He popped in last night just long enough to tell me about how the drift boat he was in sank in the middle of the river. Huh. This means I have been Bachelorette Numero Uno all week. Basically I spend my evenings sitting on the sofa watching tv and knitting with a cat in my lap. It’s like I’m 70 years old already! I have to force myself to do basic housework like dishes or putting away laundry…and then reward myself with more sloth time. I’ve also been eating pickles for dinner. Or sweet potato fries (I found a bag of frozen fries in the bottom of the freezer.) This makes me wonder if I am lying to myself when I describe my persona as someone who enjoys cooking and the culinary arts. I just might be a self-lier.
3. I haven’t eaten any candy, cookies, or sweets since Sunday. This is pretty much a world record. Something must be wrong with me. Each night, I’ve craved chocolate big time and even considered putting my bra back on and driving ten minutes to the nearest candy supplier (read: gas station) …but it has to take a lot more than a chocolate craving for me to put my bra back on.
4. I went jogging four days in a row this week. Also a world record. I am going to take the day off tonight to rest my aching hip…hoping to hit up the bike trainer tonight instead. I think they call this cross training. If I fulfill my goal of a four mile jog on Saturday, I will have plodded 13 miles this week. I find that quite impressive. It may warrant chocolate as a celebratory token to myself.
5. This whole consecutive days of exercise deal makes me realize I need a more prolific exercise wardrobe. Especially when it comes to sports bras. I don’t much enjoy the junior high gym locker strategy of wearing the same exercise outfits all week long, day after day. There’s a reason locker rooms stink to high heaven! Next paycheck, I am buying more gym clothes!
6. Next paycheck I also want to buy a slurry of shoes on Zappos, so I may have to prioritize. What is a slurry of shoes, exactly? Somehow that just came out of my brain on onto my fingertips. I really want these but can’t decide which color to get.
7. I still weigh the same. But at least I don’t weigh more.
8. Our cat also still weighs the same. Even though the vet told me she was obese last month. And I cut her food back. She is supposed to lose a few pounds. It’s like obesity just runs in my family. Maybe this is because I equate food with love.
9. I have been baffled by the SEO setup of my blog. I wish someone could handle that for me. After a year of hosting ads on my blog, I’ve earned FAR less than the measly amount I covet to spring for a new header design. This realization combined with my random run-in with this post over at Healthy Living Blogs sent me on this hapless hour of aimlessly poking around on the Yost SEO plugin. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but this whole metadata stuff just makes my eyeballs want to pop out of my head. And apparently I don’t use enough recognizable key words. Should I even care? I don’t think so really. I think keyword usage is likely to impede the literary quality of ingenious prose.
10. I have been thinking long and hard about rearranging my office at work. Currently my back is to the window, so I never get to look outside unless I stand up and turn around. On the flip side, the back of my computer monitor faces the door…so people walking buy can’t see what’s on my computer screen, which I appreciate. Do I give up my computer screen privacy for a direct view of the out-of-doors???