Please Allow Me to Explain

by Andrea on June 18, 2012

I have been a bad blogger the past few months, although I suppose this can be typical for some…posting randomly in fits and starts. Like I never did post the photos I owed my last post, a pathetic week ago.

I suppose I should still get on that.

But I have a good reason, at least I think so. Others may disagree.

I am 15 1/2 weeks pregnant, expecting my first child. Yes, big news ’round these parts. I figure since I finally broke down and told my bosses at work, I can tell you gals. (I figured for sure the bosses would fire me on the spot (they are old school like that), but it seems my citation of the maternity leave policy saved my neck…as well as my gentle reminder that firing me due to pregnancy would be, uh, illegal.)

Basically I spent years losing 15 pounds only to get knocked up, gain it all right back plus some, and then likely spend many more future years complaining about how hard it is to lose it all over again.

But let’s take it one day at a time.

I didn’t suffer much (any) morning sickness in the first trimester. Just extreme fatigue. I basically spent three months staring blankly into a corner, unaware of what planet I was on.  Even when I had the time to blog, I just couldn’t muster up enough coherency to formulate a complete sentence…let alone an entire paragraph of them. I pretty much spent weeks wishing I could just nap my way through to early December, when the little bitty baby is due.

No such luck.

I realize some women blog there way through pregnancy just fine.

I think I hate those women.

(Not really.)

I’ve been feeling much better and near-fully functional the past couple of weeks. Sadly by now I’ve formed bad habits. The laziness that was once related to legitimate fatigue is now just plain ol’ laziness: I should but I don’t want to. I’ve gotten in the habit of doing Not Much.

Anyway, that’s my excuse. Take it or leave it, although I do pledge to at least try to be a more consistent blogger from here on out. And no, my fingers are not crossed behind my back (tempting though).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

Allison @ PickyEatingRD June 19, 2012 at 7:31 am

CONGRATS!!! This is very exciting news. Are you going to blog about some of your pregnancy?

Andrea June 20, 2012 at 9:36 am

Thanks Allison. I bet I will blog about it a bit…but hopefully nothing too over the top. Cheers!

Kat June 19, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Um, secret baby what?!

Congratulations! This is such wonderful news and I am so very happy for y’all! I don’t blame you at all for being exhausted – it sounds like the whole process is exhausting work, really. Definitely keep us posted!

Lots of Love,
Kat
Kat recently posted..Today, we start fresh.

Andrea June 20, 2012 at 9:36 am

Yep, secret baby. It was a long time coming, so I was a bit over the top on the superstitious secret-keeping.

Shauna June 19, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Andrea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart skipped a beat when I read this! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh you are in for the biggest treat of your living life; save your husband. :) I can’t tell you how happy I am for you. If I could give you one smidge of advice it would be to write your experiences down with your pregnancy. Especially being the writer you are. Just the other night when we were having Family Home Evening my two oldest children found there baby books in my room. I had written, saved cards, etc. They loved looking at it. Of course my third child asked me where his is and I had to tell him that I had everything for it but need to put it together. I feel so bad for him. I must keep more consistent and you can believe that I am going to put some sort of make shift book together for him and the rest so they don’t feel left out. At least we have pictures.

I will be thinking so much about you. Let me know if you need anything. I guess this would be advice wise. :) Take good care of yourself.

Shauna
Shauna recently posted..Baby Will…

Andrea June 20, 2012 at 9:35 am

Thanks Shauna. You are such a sweet heart! And I can’t wait to hear more about how you and little William are doing. Been thinking about you guys quite a bit…

archiegrrl June 19, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Congratulations!!! I’m so happy for you — what better reason could there be to not be writing?!? *big hugs*

Andrea June 20, 2012 at 9:34 am

Thanks Tiff! I saw Sunny the other day at her yarn store and we were chatting about you… Miss ya!

marie June 21, 2012 at 6:41 am

Ahhhhhhhh! Congrats. I’ve been slow with blogging too hence missing your big announcement!

I have nothing good to say about pregnancy except the wonderful babies it produces so complain away to me, I am with you. I was miserable and sick and gross and unhappy the entire time. I didn’t take any pictures either, I think 3 total during all 3 pregnancies. I was so sick it didn’t even occur to me.

Don’t be like me, take pictures, mainly because I want to see! And yes, good thing it’s against the law to fire those with child :)
marie recently posted..Unbroken

Ameena July 2, 2012 at 3:04 pm

So I obviously missed this post…so thrilled for you again!!
Ameena recently posted..lax – lhr