Given my inability to conjure up complete thoughts, I offer these incomplete notions:
1. BLTS. One of our tomato plants finally got the hint and started to ripen…thus officially commencing what I have termed BLT-season. I’m not sure if it is a pregnancy craving or if BLTs have always been that good, but it definitely makes me feel like I have made the correct decision by postponing vegetarianism again. Crispy bacon with garden tomatoes is pretty much the best thing I have ever tasted. Along with root beer floats, which also make the list of Freakin’ Amazing.
2. Weight. Last I weighed myself, I was equal with the most I have ever weighed in my life. Which means the next time I brave the scale, I will probably be one pound greater. Gulp. I take this to mean I should keep the ol’ BLT consumption in check.
3. Baby. So far at nearly 22 weeks, I am feeling great although my propensity toward low energy continues. I need to post belly photos…must wrangle a girlfriend into snapping some photos. My only significant complaint is itchy boobs. I mean VERY itchy. And yes, I’ve tried lotion of all sorts. Basically I just want to scratch them constantly. It isn’t pretty, I dare admit.
4. Pregnancy Exercise. I force myself to do something daily, often dependent on the ambient temperature. I’ve generally been alternating between “swimming laps” in the pool and taking evening walks. Tonight is lap night. This is also hinges on how many dead bugs I need to fish out of the pool. (Ooh gross.) I think of this as alternating between channeling the US Swim Team and the US Track Team. Although mostly I wish I had a big pretty horse so I could channel the US Equestrian Team. Some girls get all the luck.
5. The Olympics. We watch them. Every night. I’ve spend an inordinate amount of time trying to wrap my brain around this whole synchronized diving concept. I am pretty sure it is the craziest thing ever. I’ve been disappointed with the number of glimpses I’ve been able to catch of The Royals, but am grateful to the Today Show for their morning recaps on the subject, in case there was anything I missed of course.
6. My To-Do List. Making good progress, with all but two things crossed off (assemblage of baby furniture). I did manage to assemble the co-sleeper last week and was satisfied the height was sufficient and the sales lady had not lied to me. A miracle. I also spontaneously splurged and ordered a MyAgenda for the year…I tracked it via UPS tracking this morning only to find out it is still in Illinois and anticipated to land on my door Friday perhaps. Thank goodness. I really wanted one last year but wasn’t ready to commit. This year, I am ready.
7. Diaper Bags. I am embarrassed to admit how many hours I have spent online searching for a diaper bag that I like. Nothing has grabbed me and I just can’t decide. I think I’ll make this a future post…I will post photos and you all can vote or something. I need professional assistance on this one for sure. That or I just need to give up on the concept of accessorizing and plan to carry all that junk around in a paper bag. Surely that would suffice just fine.
8. It’s August! Holy smokes it’s August. Usually I lament the passage of summer/time in general…but I have to say I am secretly happy for each new month…it brings me one step closer to our little baby.
9. Baby Names. We have some ideas, but we are keeping them secret. When people ask, we try to offer up fake ones with a really serious face. There’s Vladamir, Hortence, and Festus. If it was a girl, I’d offer up Morticia. I’ve found some people are quite gullible, and I enjoy knowing I’m not the only one out there who will believe almost anything I hear.